During COVID-19, grief support for adults, children, and teens is available via telehealth. Please call 919-719-7199 to schedule an appointment with one of our licensed professional grief counselors or to register for workshops and groups. Click here to view our current offerings calendar.
Adult Grief Care
Bereavement resources include educational and support groups, individual counseling, specialty groups for distinct types of loss, and programs incorporating the arts, yoga, nature, etc.
Children and Teens Grief Care
Bereavement resources include educational and support groups, individual counseling, workshops, social activities, and camps, art therapy, play therapy, and other specialized interventions, and school-based programs.
Visiting the Grief Center
You may receive an individual counseling session or attend support group at our Kit Boney Grief Center in Raleigh or at one of our other locations in Durham, Clayton, or Angier. Remote counselling sessions are also available either by phone or video platform. Please review and complete the appropriate forms in advance of your appointment: Consent Form, Consent Form – Spanish, Notice of Privacy Practices, Adult Intake Form, Child Intake Form, Family Info Form, Helping Your Child Prepare for a Zoom Session.
Transitions GriefCare Wishlist
There are many items we need for our adult and children’s programming. You may choose from the list below or go directly to our list on Amazon.com where other items can be ordered and shipped directly to us.
- Gift cards to the businesses we frequent the most:
Michael’s, AC Moore, Stone’s Education Store, Walmart, Amazon.com
- Books about grief for adults and children for our Lending Library (see Amazon.com wish list for examples)
- Stickers (letters, animals, words expressing “I love you” or words for family members)
- Legacy activity supplies (handprint molds, stepping stone kits, wooden picture frames that can be decorated – see Amazon.com wish list for examples)
- Beach stones and seashells