We all experience many different types of losses. Our Transitions GriefCare services are designed for adults and children (5-17) who have experienced the death of someone close to them. Our professional staff provides short-term counseling, support groups, workshops, and other services designed to compassionately meet the needs of adults, children, and teens seeking to address the unique challenges of grief and create a path toward healing.
Adult Grief Care
Bereavement resources include educational and support groups, individual counseling, specialty groups for distinct types of loss, and programs incorporating the arts, yoga, nature, etc.
Children and Teens Grief Care
Bereavement resources include educational and support groups, individual counseling, workshops, social activities, and camps, art therapy, play therapy, and other specialized interventions, and school-based programs.
Visiting the Grief Center
You may attend an individual counseling session or a support group at our Kit Boney Grief Center in Raleigh or at one of our other locations in Clayton or Angier. Please complete and print the appropriate forms and bring them to your appointment: Consent Form, Notice of Privacy Practices, Adult Intake Form, Child Intake Form, Family Info Form.
Transitions GriefCare Wishlist
There are many items we need for our adult and children’s programming. You may choose from the list below or go directly to our list on Amazon.com where other items can be ordered and shipped directly to us.
- Gift cards to the businesses we frequent the most:
Michael’s, AC Moore, Stone’s Education Store, Walmart, Amazon.com
- Books about grief for adults and children for our Lending Library (see Amazon.com wish list for examples)
- Stickers (letters, animals, words expressing “I love you” or words for family members)
- Legacy activity supplies (handprint molds, stepping stone kits, wooden picture frames that can be decorated – see Amazon.com wish list for examples)
- Beach stones and seashells