At Transitions HospiceCare we strive to help patients and families remain in their homes, assisted living communities or nursing homes. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons it is not always possible for patients to continue their hospice care at home. The William M. Dunlap Center for Caring (Hospice Home) offers two levels of care: general inpatient care, and short-stay routine level of care.
Patient and Family Amenities
- Most patient rooms open to the outside with patios
- Unrestricted visiting hours
- Patient rooms accommodate a limited number of overnight guests
- Fully equipped family kitchen, living room and playroom
- Onsite sanctuary for spiritual needs
- Family office with wireless internet
- Laundry facilities for family members
- Landscaped outdoor areas to engage with nature
The address for the William M. Dunlap Center for Caring (“Hospice Home”) is 200 Hospice Circle, the building farthest to the right as you enter our Raleigh campus.
“You know, hospice is a really scary word and we were afraid to bring my mother [to the Hospice Home] at first, but I am truly an advocate of it now. It really gave us time to adjust. It was so serene and warm there. She was much more relaxed when she was there than when she was at the hospital. It really was a good experience.”