Transitions LifeCare is dedicated to providing the unique care and support that veterans who are facing a life-limiting illness need. If you are a veteran who would like to volunteer with Transitions LifeCare, you can help us recognize our patients who are also veterans by:
- Utilizing a military history checklist at admission
- Helping with recognition events like pinning ceremonies and certificate presentations
- Sharing military stories with the patient
- Helping create a legacy for the patient’s family
- Reaching out to other community organizations
If you are a veteran who is interested in volunteering with this program, please call 919.828.0890 and ask for Volunteer Services.
Transitions LifeCare is a national partner of We Honor Veterans, a campaign developed by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Learn more about our involvement in this program here.