Your charitable donations to Transitions LifeCare can have a significant impact on the scope and quality of end-of-life care provided in Wake and surrounding counties. We are a qualified 501(c)(3) charitable organization; donations are fully tax-deductible as allowable by law. Our Tax ID number is 56-1228779.
Click here to learn how gifts from those like you made a difference.
Philanthropy Department Staff – Main Phone Number 919-828-0890
- Kristye Koontz Brackett, CFP®, Vice President of Philanthropy, Extension 6892
- Christine H. Casey, MBA, CFRE, bCRE, Director of Philanthropy, Extension 6702
- Sarah Perkins, CFRE, GPC, Grants Manager
- Chase Inman, Philanthropy Officer, Extension 6754
- Jennifer Pippin, Annual Giving Specialist, Extension 6769
- Heather Riggs, Philanthropy Analyst, Extension 6776
Patient & Family Care
Support to help meet the daily needs of patients facing the end of their life and of their families.
Donations to this impact area can be further directed to one of the following funding targets:
- Indigent Care Program: Allows Transitions LifeCare to extend services to patients not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid, not covered by private insurance, and having no other means of paying for hospice services. These services include visits by registered nurses, home health aides, social workers, and spiritual care counselors and assistance with medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment. The program can also help patients and families with emergency needs, such as assistance with paying rent or a utility bill.
- Bereavement Program: Support for Transitions GriefCare, a program of individual counseling and support groups for surviving family members of hospice patients and for members of the community who have experienced losses through the death of a loved one. Included in the program is the annual Camp Reflections for grieving children and the quarterly Caring Connections outings for grieving families to join with others in a relaxed social setting.
Click here to donate now for Patient & Family Care
How To Donate
- Online – Click here to go to our secure online donation page
- By phone – Call us at 919-828-0890 and make a credit card gift
- By mail – Print and fill out a donation form and mail it with your check or credit card information to Donations, 250 Hospice Circle, Raleigh, NC 27607
- In person – Visit us in person at 250 Hospice Circle in Raleigh
- To designate gifts to Transitions LifeCare in an obituary, include our name and address: Transitions LifeCare, 250 Hospice Circle, Raleigh, NC 27607. For additional questions or information, please contact Heather Riggs or 919-828-0890, x6776
- Matching Gifts – Please check with your employer to see if your company matches your philanthropic gifts. You can double the impact of your giving.
Buy a Brick
Our Raleigh campus includes two special walkways for those who want to honor loved ones with an engraved brick. The Veterans Garden honors veterans from all military branches. Our Colonnade and Memory Garden near the Sanctuary includes a winding walkway featuring a fountain. Click here to purchase a brick through our secure, online system. Or, to print your own Veterans Garden Brick Order Form, click here or click here to print your own Memory Garden Brick Order Form.
Bricks are installed twice a year (May and November). To schedule a convenient time to see your brick, email email@example.com.
The Endowment Fund
The Endowment Fund provides an important measure of financial stability for Transitions LifeCare by creating a predictable and steady source of income for generations to come. This income stream can be used to underwrite the cost of current programs. It may also be used to respond to future needs arising from growth in demand for hospice care and expansion of our service area.
Click here to donate now to the Endowment Fund.
A planned or deferred gift is a contribution that is committed to Transitions LifeCare but which does not become fully available until some future date. One of the most common examples of a planned gift is a bequest through the donor’s will. Other types of gifts that are carefully planned can not only benefit Transitions LifeCare but also maximize the tax advantage for the donor, provide income during the donor’s lifetime, and provide for the donor’s heirs.
To include Transitions LifeCare in your will, include our name, address and Tax ID number: Transitions LifeCare (Hospice of Wake County), 250 Hospice Circle, Raleigh, NC 27607, Tax ID 56-1228779
To learn more about naming Transitions LifeCare in your will or establishing a planned gift to benefit Transitions LifeCare, contact our Vice President of Philanthropy, Kristye Brackett at 919-828-0890.
A great way to have fun, join with other supporters of Transitions LifeCare, and support a wonderful cause is to take part in one of many special events. Beach music lovers have a choice of the Cabin Fever Throwdown, hosted by the Raleigh Shag Club in winter, or Summer Salute, produced by North State Bank in May. Classic and antique car enthusiasts love the Fun in the Sun Charity Car Show, put on by Corvettes International. Tennis players and golfers have opportunities to demonstrate their athletic skills at our tennis and golf tournaments. See the Calendar of Events for more information and specific dates.
If you would like to host an event and designate Transitions LifeCare to receive proceeds, please note that any event must complement the overall mission of Transitions LifeCare. Therefore, we ask that you complete this Special Event Proposal Form at least one month prior to the event. We will review your proposal and respond as quickly as possible. We ask that you always refer to our organization as “Transitions LifeCare” (not “TLC,” not “hospice”). Due to the nature of special events and our non-profit mission, Transitions LifeCare can only support and participate in those events approved through the Special Event Proposal Form. For additional questions or information, please contact Christine Casey or 919-828-0890, x6702.
We realize that events take a lot of time and effort. We have found that, often, the most impactful means for your contributions to help our patients’ and families’ care is to donate online.
Gifts of Goods & Services
Often there are tangible items that are of great help to our patients and their family members. Please look at the list below, and we’d be happy to hear from you if you need more information.
MUSIC & MEMORYSM
Transitions LifeCare is a certified provider of the national MUSIC & MEMORYSM music program. Music and Memory is a program where patients listen to a personalized music playlist created with input from the patient, family, friends, and staff. Patients can connect with the music they love with the goal of improving their overall health and well-being.
When placed in a patient’s home and/or room, the following would be helpful in overall falls prevention:
- Safety (baby) monitors (so caregivers can feel more secure in leaving the room)
Your civic or faith group can adopt garden areas around our campus to supplement the foundation plantings and, if the interest is there, maintain those areas also. Our goal here is to cut back on operational costs so that more of our monies may go back into services for our patients and for the community. Contact our Operations Director for more information.
Grief Counseling and Programming
Items on this wish list are to be used for grief counseling and programming for adults and children, offered by Transitions GriefCare staff.
Patients find great comfort in having afghans, quilts and prayer shawls, as well as “busy finger aprons” and walker bags. If your civic or faith group is interested in these type of sewing projects, please contact our Volunteer Services Team Leader for more information.
Snack food (pre-packaged) and bottled water
Your food donations will be appreciated by our patients and their family members while they are in our Hospice Home. In addition, we could use resealable kitchen storage bags, foil, and plastic wrap.
Individual-sized items such as hand lotion, shampoo, mouth care, razors are helpful for our Hospice Home patients and their visiting family members.
Teddy bears, coloring books/pencils, puzzles, word search books – these items are appreciated by children visiting our Hospice Home.
Click here for an in-kind donation receipt.
Tangible items may be dropped off at either of our offices (8:30a-5:00p M-F):
- “Hospice Home,” 200 Hospice Cir, Raleigh, NC 27607, ph 919-828-0890