Transitions LifeCare is committed to providing outstanding learning opportunities to future healthcare leaders and providers. We believe that by exposing students to first-hand experiences with patients and families facing serious life-limiting or terminal illness, we can de-mystify common misconceptions many have about death and end-of-life care.
Transitions LifeCare has received national recognition as a high quality, leading provider of palliative and end-of-life care serving families in the Triangle area of North Carolina. Students are selected to participate as visitors or interns to see first-hand how an interdisciplinary team provides high quality, compassionate, patient-centered care in our community.
Visitor / Shadowing Experience
This is your chance to shadow and observe our staff doing their daily work. Visitor opportunities are one to five days and can be clinical or non-clinical/administrative. As a shadow, you won’t provide any direct patient contact or care.
Each internship is unique, suited to your program and goals. A clinical intern visits patients and may or may not provide hands-on patient care. An administrative intern assists with administrative and office projects and does not visit patients or provide care.
Student Careers FAQ
Internships are limited and competitive, and we give priority placement to students from pre-approved schools and programs. We select interns on a case-by-case basis depending on the student’s goals and our staff’s availability to meet those goals.
We have pre-approved the following schools:
- UNC School of Nursing – all programs within the Nursing School
- UNC School of Social Work
- UNC School of Medicine
- Wake Tech Nursing School
- UNC-G School of Nursing – all programs within the Nursing School
- UNC-Charlotte College of Health and Human Services
- Duke Graduate School of Nursing
- East Carolina University – all Health Sciences including Medical and Dental Schools
- Winston-Salem State School of Nursing
- Queens University in Charlotte – Nursing
- NC State University School of Social Work
- Campbell University School of Medicine
- Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Grand Canyon University School of Nursing
You can still apply. If your school isn’t pre-approved, we will consider it on a case-by-case basis. A valid contract must be approved between us and the school prior to student acceptance.