Rachel Lipner, D.O.
Assistant Director of Inpatient Medicine
Hospice and Palliative Medicine Physician
Dr. Rachel Lipner joined Transitions LifeCare in July 2017. With a background in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at UNC, she provides care on the hospital-based palliative medicine consult services, and also serves as a hospice team physician.
Current Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Geriatric Medicine, UNC School of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Campbell University School of Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine / D.O.
- Lehigh Valley Health Network / Internal Medicine
- UNC School of Medicine / Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
Areas of Interest
- Educating and empowering colleagues in primary palliative medicine
- Collaborative involvement with ICU patients and families
Research and Quality Improvement Experience
- Lipner, R., Benner, A. “Preventing silent suffering – fundamental questions in palliative care: improving screening for physical symptoms and pain assessment using AAHPM measures that matter; Quality improvement project, UNC, September 2016 – May 2017