Christine Khandelwal, D.O.
Director of Inpatient Palliative Medicine
Dr. Christine Khandelwal is a Palliative and Hospice physician. She has a particular interest in ethical decision-making processes among surrogate decision makers for patients. She has clinical expertise in the care of patients with dementia, including providing caregiver support and education about advance care planning.
Current Appointments and Affiliations
- Director of Palliative Care Inpatient Service, WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine, UNC School of Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine / DO
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Family Medicine
- UNC School of Medicine / Geriatric Medicine
- Board certified in Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- WakeMed Health & Hospital’s Ethics Committee
- 2018 – appointed to the North Carolina Medical Board by Governor Roy Cooper
- 2019 – named one of TBJ’s Health Care Heroes