Transitions LifeCare depends on our volunteers, and we provide
many opportunities to get involved – from administrative support to events to family service. There are some requirements for volunteering at Transitions LifeCare. We’ll need the following:
- Completed application
- Two written references
- Criminal, motor vehicle, and sexual predator background check
- Signed Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Statement form
- TB test or chest x-ray with negative results
- Flu shot
- One-year commitment
Additional requirements may apply depending on volunteer role.
Note: a person who is grieving a loss may be deferred from direct patient assignments for a period of one year.
During your application and training process, we’ll provide you with any necessary forms and instructions.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, follow the steps below.
- Fill out an application: click here to complete our volunteer application.
- Register for and attend a Volunteer Information Session
- Volunteer Information Sessions are offered at various times throughout the year. We require anyone who is interested in becoming a volunteer to attend a one-hour session to learn more about the many ways to volunteer (choose a session and register here).
- Interview with Volunteer Services
- After your application has been received and you’ve attended a Volunteer Information Session, Volunteer Services will set up an interview with you to discuss your interest in becoming a Transitions LifeCare volunteer.
- Attend volunteer training
- Once all of your documents have been accepted, you will be invited to join the training class that is most convenient for you. Training consists of both onsite and online sessions.
If you need information not found here, email our Volunteer Services Department or call 919.828.0890.