Each year, hundreds of volunteers tell us that touching the lives of Transitions LifeCare patients and families is among their most rewarding experiences. You can join our volunteer team and offer hope and comfort in a variety of ways:
- Family Support – provide respite, companionship, emotional support, and household assistance to patients and their families
- Vigil Volunteers – sit with hospice patients who are actively dying and do not have family or friends to sit with them or have family members who need respite
- Veteran Recognition – volunteer veterans acknowledge the military service and sacrifices made by veterans and their families
- Pet Therapy – provided by volunteers recognized by a pet partners program
- MUSIC & MEMORY℠ – help reconnect disengaged patients to the world by using a personalized playlist
- Transportation – transport patients to the doctor, grocery store, etc.
- Delivery – deliver important items (medical supplies or otherwise) to a patient’s residence
- Hospice Home Meals – volunteer as a group to provide a buffet meal to families in the Hospice Home
- Handcrafts – make afghans, quilts, prayer shawls, and “busy finger aprons” for patients
- Miscellaneous Tasks – administrative support, assistance with events, supportive phone calls, or other services as needed
How to Become a Volunteer
To learn more about how to become a volunteer, go to our Become a Volunteer page.